This course introduces international education practitioners to inclusive program evaluation and assessment strategies.
You will learn about underlying theories that guide program evaluation and you will explore various program evaluation options, with a focus on intercultural considerations for international education contexts.
By the end of the course you will have crafted your own individualized evaluation plan for a program with which you are familiar.
Course topics include:
- benefits and purposes of program evaluation
- major approaches to program evaluation
- program evaluation and the international educator
- assessing needs and developing problem statements
- non-traditional and non-formal evaluation contexts
- step in the evaluation process
- building an evaluation framework using logic models
- use of an equity and inclusion lens
- stakeholder involvement and ethics
- communicating and implementing evaluation results